Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A note about this Blog's reading level . . .

I just checked the reading level of this blog (at http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx), and discovered that you only need a JUNIOR HIGH reading level to understand my blog.

Not surprising, since it is written for publication in the local newspaper here in Sterling, Colorado.

Still, I occasionally have people in my church ask me to put some dictionaries in the pew racks. I think I don't take that as a complement.

"To extrapolate freely, paradoxical though it may appear, implies a tangential rather than an elliptical approach, inasmuch as the sum of the applied apologia tend rather to inculcate the ambivalence . . ." I seem to remember that from somebody's comedic monologue thirty or so years ago. Maybe George Carlin?

No comments: